Friday, October 7, 2011

inspiration: kenzo finale

 Image source unknown.

 The Kenzo Spring/Summer 2011 show ended with a grand finale which paid homage to the label's past 40 years by layering pieces from past seasons in imaginative and playful ways. These images make me feel so happy; they remind me of dolls in national costume.


 

I want to visit the imaginary countries where everyone dresses like this.


The juxtaposition of the fabrics and colours and prints is exquisite.


I love these prim and quiet ensembles as much as the colourful ones! How amazing is that little waistcoat over the oversized stripy shirtdress?


I need five brightly-coloured petticoats, each a little shorter than the last!


The creative director Antonio Marras described it as "like a music box with 40 ballerinas."

 Image source unknown.
I love the fact that the show actually subverts the use-value of the clothing by positioning it in different ways.

I originally saw an image of the show on Kayte Terry's blog love forever, where you can see lots more beautiful and inspiring images!

No comments: