Monday, May 5, 2008

my house

I always like seeing pictures of other people's houses, so I thought I'd share a couple of photos that Lisa took last weekend. Other craft bloggers' houses seem to look like they have been styled for a magazine, but I can't compete with that, so these are candid shots (as in, I didn't know she was taking them till I saw them on her Flickr).



This is the 'dining' (sewing, drawing, dumping piles of things) room. It contains most of our books (although we have another bookcase in the study and one in the hall, and one still in the box waiting to be made up [thank you, IKEA]). A few points:

1. That iron has never been used for clothing, only for fabric. I HATE IRONING

2. My fabric stash on the right-hand side grew this weekend, thanks to a trip to Textile Traders and Spotlight with Lisa!

3. Yes it is always this messy

4. Actually this is pretty tidy compared to how it usually looks



A little corner of the kitchen, where a few ornaments and a teapot were dumped in the unpacking process, when I was promising myself that I would go through and order everything beautifully later (this was a year ago). Still, they look rather nice together!

3 comments:

Annette said...

I far prefer your house to the styled ones :) HOORAY FOR BOOKSHELVES!

. said...

Hey,I see that I'm not the only one with a messy dining room from ikea,and with fabrics all around growing every week!Thanks to make me feel better!
I like to think that I "live" my house,instead of using it as a museum,where always everything is still in place!

Pam Hawk said...

Oh, I agree with Annette and Raf.
My space looks a lot like yours. Books, and creative clutter and multi-multi-multi purpose spaces.

Please tell Lisa thank you for sharing your space - even if she didn't warn you ahead of time! :o)